video converting software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by larr, Apr 6, 2012.

1. larr

larr Private E-2

i have a surveillance system that archives video to .exe file format. i cannot find anything that will allow me to convert the file so i can enhance it. does anyone have any ideas?

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Plenty of converter programs available.
    Browse through the multimedia section of our software downloads area on the botton of the page.
    Good luck.

3. larr

larr Private E-2

i have but nothing that will work with the file format that my system creates. i always thought a exe file was an application, i just cannot get the video out of the exe file to convert it. i hope this makes sense hopefully i explained this right.

4. Spartan

Spartan Private First Class

5. larr

larr Private E-2

thanks for the link but freemake wont work either. i dont know what else to do. when you archive certain segments of the recording it creates a .exe file with the video in it and it seems thats the only way to veiw the recording.

6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try getting 7zip (This is a stand alone version that extracts to a folder rather than installs) and see if it can extract the video from the exe. It may or may not work but let's rule that out as a possibility.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Surveillance and security files can not be converted nor edited by design; if this were allowed, then people would be editing security footage. Then the tape would no longer be trustworthy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds