video driver fails to initialize

Discussion in 'Software' started by njbr1, Oct 19, 2008.

1. njbr1

njbr1 Private E-2

First time asking for help on any forum, and seeking your kind assistance.
    INSPIRON 9100,Windows XP Home.
    Initially, caught AntiVirus XP 2008, turned off the resulting executable in services, but still found any request for computer/virus related site was redirected to random sites, so I began downloading MajorGeeks' required malware fix utilities to another computer, but now my computer is unable to start Windows, even in safe mode. Blue screen, "video driver failed to initialize".
    Using DELL OEM disc, Windows repairs fails to find a lot of files, and complete Re-install option never starts. Can I copy driver files directly from the Dell disk from the DOS prompt, or do you recommend another strategy?
    Thanks

2. TechnoFeeb

TechnoFeeb Private E-2

Can you start the computer in vga mode from the safemode startup screen? If you can do that you should then be able to uninstall and re-install the video drivers, which should be available on Dell's website.....

3. njbr1

njbr1 Private E-2

VGA mode results in my hanging while Windows attempt to re-install.
    However, I almost get into SafeMode...I get "SafeMode" at the four corners of the screen, and a title at the top, but rest of the screen is blank. However, this is farther than I got before. I'll try again!
    Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds