Video folders cause explorer to close

Discussion in 'Software' started by howie, Sep 26, 2003.

1. howie

howie Private E-2

Hi Guys, I am running XP pro all updates etc
    On my hd I have 2 folders containg video files,
    one with assorted video files avi,mpeg and so on of music vids funny clips and some 1 minute clips shot with my digital camera holidays and stuff.
    And the other which has files not suitable for minors shall we say. There are no common files between these folders yet when I open either folder a box pops up saying explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, if Iignore the dialog box and click on one of the files it opens and plays normally
    yet explorer still insits on being closed.
    Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

turn off the web feature of the folders.. it's probably having an issue with displaying the "thumbnailed" version of the video clip in the left pane. Also try updating your video drivers.

Attached Files:

3. howie

howie Private E-2

drivers up to date, how do I turn off web feature?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

open windows explorer.. go to tools.. folder options.. second section down "USE WINDOWS CLASSIC FOLDERS"

5. mtmra70

mtmra70 Private E-2

try going to start>run and typing in(no quotes) "sfc /scannow" and let that repair run.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

that's a little excessive at this point.

7. howie

howie Private E-2

I have tried all your advice Kodo (thanx for the kleenex) and explorer still wants to close when I open either folder,
    this is the error msg

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: qdvd.dll
    ModVer: 6.5.1.902 Offset: 00011470

I did a search on google for the .dll and there seem to be two versions one slightly larger
    Shall I download and replace it ? Or try mtmra70's suggestion and scannow?

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what version of directx are you using?

9. howie

howie Private E-2

updated to latest version of direct x (9,0b) that seems to have fixed it, thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds