Video problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Thing, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Thing

Thing Guest

I got a problem with a movie that isnt completed... it stops when there are 8 minutes left for it to end, image\sound gets stuck, what do you think

2. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

bad DL it sounds :(

3. Thing

Thing Guest

Damn! its a trade movie, so... is there any solution ?

Is a normal .mpg no special codecs i think, did already try with wmp, winamp, irfanview.

Also, can you tell me if this is real, my friend said:

different people may have more or less and that will corrupt any data you may have when resuming.
    your computer sets it's parameters from the size file you originally dl from. So, if you get a file that's 512 you get only 503, you can't resume the file if someone has 555.

True ? what if get a file that's 512 you get only 503, resume the file if someone has 510.

4. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

2 things....

HuH?

and

Huh??

5. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

I can't claim to know how Kazaa or other file sharing apps use their protocols , but i owuld imagin it would find a file with same name as the one you have been downloading and same size... what movie anyway?

6. Thing

Thing Guest

It isnt a kazaa movie!

Its a personal movie, i trade via mirc dcc... i think i already said everything

Any way to fix ?

7. Thing

Thing Guest

I know that!

Any solution ?

What my friend said is true ?

8. acejones

acejones A Different Title

I would try to dowload the movie again.

I believe if you only receive 90% of a file and finish the download, you have to re-download the file. Unless you are using a download manager that has resuming support. But I don't know if those work with irc (I don't use irc).

9. Thing

Thing Guest

Omg... looks like this isnt the forum to talk about this

Mirc dcc can resume files

10. acejones

acejones A Different Title

then try to resume it. if it doesn't let you then it won't let you and you'll have to download it again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds