View Multiple Monitor on Single Monitor

Discussion in 'Software' started by IcedOutCat, Jun 10, 2008.

1. IcedOutCat

IcedOutCat Private E-2

Hey Does anyone know of a util that would allow me to view what's on my secondary monitor, on my primary monitor, in a window or app. I have a second monitor which is in a different location, and we start video's on these monitors and everytime we make a mistake, we have to walk all the way down to the monitor to see what's on it, walk all the way back, etc. etc.

A big hassle. Any suggestions?

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

not an answer, but can you tell us how they are hooked up? what video card, etc? i take it these monitors, are hook up to computers? can, you give us a little more info. - sos

3. IcedOutCat

IcedOutCat Private E-2

They are hooked up to an ATI Radeon. One on DVI, one on VGA. The idea is, we want to play a video for a patient in a different room from the PC, or a slide show, and still continue to use the PC. It works. But the problem is, we can't see what's on the other screen, so we don't know if it's functioning correctly.

Thanks for your help

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

5. marathonman

marathonman Private E-2

If you install VNC on the computer with two monitors and then log into it from a different computer on the same network (or across the internet with a little port forwarding) you can scroll across all the monitors.

VNC is free just go to uvnc.com or Realvnc.com and download it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds