ViewSonic VX900 Blackout

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DoubleTime, Jul 4, 2006.

1. DoubleTime

DoubleTime Private E-2

I've got a ViewSonic VX900 recently out of warranty that's gotten mostly weekend use. The screen has gone black. Happened suddenly. It displays perfectly when you hit the power button. However, it only displays for 1/10th of a second before going black again. It's not the cabling because I can switch out monitors. It's not the resolution because it worked fine for over a year and I've tried reset that to minimum. It's not overheating because it goes dead immediately. It could be an internal component failure which means it contributes to the landfill. However, before I do that I'd like to get knowledgable troubleshooting opinions. Keep in minde I can't adjust the monitor's settings because it goes dead after 1/10th of a second and the only way to restore the image back is to shut it off and restart it.

2. elpease3

elpease3 Private E-2

I found your post while searching for a fix to my ViewSonic VX900.
    My monitor is doing exactly the same thing as you described with yours.
    I've been trying to find a source for a replacement mainboard with no
    success so far. I was curious if you found if the main board was bad or
    some other problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds