Virtual Drive 7 - Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Software' started by StratMan23, Mar 9, 2005.

1. StratMan23

StratMan23 Private E-2

Hey all, I'm wondering what's the scoop on Virtual Drive 7. It allows you to load your game cd's onto a virtual drive so you can play them without having to swap cd's or insert cd's.

I'm just wondering if it's going to suck the life out of my RAM and CPU, or is it really a good piece of software that I could load 20 cd's worth of virtual drives on.

Thanks for any advice or feedback, StratMan23

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

I haven't used that app myself. But the concept is fine. The only downside to doing it, is it takes up a bunch of extra HD space. Plus a lot of games have copy protection, so it won't work for many of them. RAM isn't an issue at all, as no extra ram would be used. It also has the added bonus of loading things much faster. Since the virtual CDroms are actually on the HD instead of a CD thigns go much quicker.

I think daemon tools is a much more popular program for this sort of thing though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds