Virtual Drive That Doesn't Act Virtual

Discussion in 'Software' started by Raizinghell, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Raizinghell

Raizinghell Private E-2

Okay, so i looked around the site and the web, but no one can give me an answer. I'm used to using virtual drives (I started on Daemon Tools Lite and graduated to MagicDisk) but I don't know how to trick other programs to write to the virtual drive as they would write to any real drive. I have a Power Director project that I knew was going to be too big to to write to a normal disc and figured i would try to get the program to write to one of MagicDisk's drives. Problem is, it doesn't see the MagicDisk drives. It always lists my physical drive, never a virtual one. Is there a program/trick I can do to convince Windows, Power Director and any other program that my virtual drives aren't fake? And will it still limit it's recording space as if it's a real disc or will the drive send back that the image is an infinitely large disc? Any help will be much appreciated. And I have tried to tell Power Director to just put all the files out as folders so I could make my own iso, but it won't cooperate. Thank you in advance!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds