Virtual Memory/Outlook 2002 Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by llangkamp, Sep 14, 2007.

1. llangkamp

llangkamp Private E-2

My outlook has been giving me problems for a few months (gets hung up on receiving messages). Now the problem is worse. Every time I try to open I either get a Virtual Memory too low (never been a problem before and is set to 1.5 RAM with the option for the computer to boost it up as needed) or the application just doesn't open. I have scanned for viruses using CA, Norton 360, and AVG -- none there. I have defragged the hard drive and done a disk clean up.

Now I have seemed to have lost my Internet Explorer shortcuts.

Do I need to reinstall Outlook? If so, where do I get instructions for this (will I lose my contact info and all my email files?) Or is it a different problem. Can anyone help or should I just reformat the hard drive?

Help!

L

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

This has been moved to the Software Forum since it does not sound like a malware issue. However do note that if you have all three of those antivirus program installed, you need to uninstall ALL but one since that alone can cause you multiple problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds