Virtual memory too low message

Discussion in 'Software' started by silverfox21, Nov 6, 2009.

1. silverfox21

silverfox21 Private E-2

I could really use some clarity with a virtual memory too low problem. I have been advised to
    (1) set the memory to twice the RAM I have (512mb) and the maximum memory to 4 times my Ram (this comes from HP support)
    (2) one and a half times my Ram for max and min
    (3) Let Windows manage it

I have a Compaq Presario SR1909 UK with 45.5 free space

The Virtual memory error usually only comes up when I have left my pc on for quite a while, if I re-boot it seems to be ok.

The other question is I know 512 is the minimum Ram (I need more) but at srat up I have 6 programs running which include HP Bootop. I have a printer installed.. can I get rid of this Bootop? also there is another box checked with the command line blank and just HKLM\software\Microsoft\windows\current version.. I have no idea what it is and if I need it. I am trying to get some memory back. I only use Facebook and play one small online game. I would really appreciate any help. Many thanks.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, silverfox21...

Bleeping Computer says get rid of HP BootOp, but Uniblue (liutilities) says it may be essential: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/hpbootop/ ... I'd suggest disabling it, then try out your normal print functions - if everything's good, there you go...

The fact that you're ok after startup, but not later, indicates that you've got a memory leak somewhere...you should be able to find the culprit through process of elimination...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds