virtual receptionsit software for PC laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by everythinggenius, Jan 27, 2010.

1. everythinggenius

everythinggenius Private E-2

Hi all major geeks,
    I thought I would ask for advice on the best virtual receptionist software for a PC. I need a program where you can select the person whose voice answers the phone. For example to answer in mom's voice.........
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    cheers,
    sands

2. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Hi.

I have recently been trying to do this. Just for fun, I used the drag-and-drop system known as invox.com. Its online, you get a free phone number and 50 minutes. But, I am going more advanced to. I'm pretty sure that 3cx is virtual receptionist, not just PBX. But i am downloading it atm.

However, you need a VoIP phone service. Best way to tell is if your phone is connected to a modem. Then, you need to route it to your laptop by changing the SIP address to that of your computer.

Edit: You also need to download the 3CX Assistant.

Have fun :wave:

And welcome to MajorGeeks!

~Zack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds