Virus removal tool

Discussion in 'Software' started by Doc43, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Doc43

Doc43 Private First Class

I just found out that I have the W32 Netsky H@mm virus. I need help to remove it.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. Doc43

Doc43 Private First Class

Thank You very much.

4. Vikki

Vikki Private E-2

Help - complete novice - I have a trojan and call it a blonde thing but I haven't a clue how to remove it. I think it was downloaded with a DigitalPlay software which is a great mp3 pnp downloader and I don't want to loose it if I can help it but this trojan is playing havoc with my system. I have a zonealarm Pro firewall, AVG (freebie) and cloudmark Spamnet (for my emails) and still the trojan gained access - I ran regsupreme and spybot search and destroy, clearing out several problems and finally, pest scan but it tells me that I still have a couple of pests in my task manager processes, register and system but when I check I cannot find the files it mentions. Any help at this time would be appreciated. I just re-ran AVG to get the name of the trojan and it now says there are no virus ( I am not convinced - it wasn't AVG that told me about the trojan in the first place) my system is slow, I cannot view some webpages or the web page closes itself down with me clicking on anything - I have also had system shutdowns and restarts - it's almost as if the computer has come alive and is doing what it wants, when it wants - does that sound familiar?? Please help but keep it basic...what is the first thing I need to do to identify this trojan?
    Thanks, Vikki

5. Vikki

Vikki Private E-2

PS - I have also noticed a couple of undesirable links to websites in 'My favourites' - what's that all about?

6. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

7. Vikki

Vikki Private E-2

Thanks for that :) - I ran the panda software and thankfully it did not find anything. In between leaving the message and going back to check replies I downloaded and ran both spywareblaster and winpatrol. spywareblaster found a kazaa file which I delete - I don't remember ever downloading anything remotely kazaa but I s'pose it takes all sorts. Winpatrol has also checked for oddballs and discovered something to do with kazaa so I deleted this as well. :rolleyes: I have put the panda link in my favourites. Hopefully the problems have been sorted. By the way - I couldn't download either of those programs via majorgeeks site I had to go off line, restart my computer and go direct to the download sites. Haven't tried downloading anything since from major geeks so don't know if it's to do with the viruses that have been cleared up on my system or the majorgeeks site itself. thanks for the help, I'll keep in touch! ;)

8. ANHEDONIC

Also try running the House Call free virus scan (first link in my above post), just to be safe... LavaSoft's Adaware and Spybot Search & Destroy are the 2 most recommened programs to scan your PC for spyware and eliminate it, just about everything they find is safe to delete... I would recommend downloading both of those, updating them, and scanning your pc... those 2 programs are a must have =]

Spyware Blaster is a great program to have on your computer, it's not a scanner but rather it blocks known spyware programs from installing themself on your PC in the first place... u should update it and enable protection for all items (both for Internet Explorer and Restricted Sites)... it should look like this (completely updated and with all protection enabled) :

Attached Files:

9. Vikki

Vikki Private E-2

Thanks for that. I will try lavasoft Adaware as well. I think I have everything now I suppose I just need to keep checking for updates. Thanks again! Vikki :)

10. ANHEDONIC

no problemo ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds