VisionTek/On-board Card Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BooNed, Dec 27, 2007.

1. BooNed

BooNed Private E-2

Alright, well, my friend Jerod has a Sony Vaio VGC-RB43 Desk Top computer with 1024MB RAM, he got it in 2005 and it has Direct X 9.0c. He's running Windows XP SP2 on it. His video card is just your standard on board card and he wanted to upgrade. However, his funds are tight so he just bought a card from Wally World. He picked up the VisionTek ATI Radeon X1300 with a 256MB Cache. He called me over to install it, and I did...

I got there, disassembled his tower, put the card into the PCI slot, and plugged the monitor into the OLD video card. It booted up fine, I, however, goofed up (being tired at the time, I had very little sleep) and forgot to install the drivers for the NEW card before uninstalling the old. See my problem? No video feed. Any idea how to fix that?

Also, when I plug the monitor into the new card, I get the "Vaio" logo, and it stalls out at that. Any idea why?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds