Vista 64 Not Running 32-Bit Applications

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hyphen, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Hyphen

Hyphen Private First Class

Okay, this just kind of started happening, really out of the blue, no new programs installed... I've read up and I understand that WOW64 is what allows x86 applications run on x64 systems. Right now, I can not run any 32-bit applications and I am posting this using IE 64-bit. What can I do?

2. Hyphen

I just went through a Windows Update and got:
    [​IMG]

3. Hyphen

Anyone?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If cannot run any 32bit aapplications then one suspect is malware and need to head over to the malware forum and follow the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and start thread in Malware forum with logs attached.

BUT first try the below

Did you install any new software before this happened? if so what, security applications and or Drivers are more what I'm thinking of.

Not come across 6B7 error though so what help does clicking the link do next to error in Windows Udpate?

Can you boot into Safe Mode ok and run 32bit apps?

But try this first before you go malware scanning, can you run System Restore? if so pick a restore point before this happened.

5. Hyphen

Those malware tools are all 32-bit applications...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds