vista administrator help/netbook

Discussion in 'Software' started by repsak, Apr 19, 2009.

1. repsak

repsak Private E-2

All of a sudden when I try to update Windows Security and SpyBot, both are telling me I am not the administrator. Vista shows that I am in the control panel. Do I need to check/uncheck someplace else? I may have done something wrong trying to get a netbook to connect, I can't get that to work either. The netbook has XP pre-loaded on it, the desktop has Vista. I have cable as my internet provider and the desk top does acknowledge the router I installed for the netbook.

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Information for advanced users about the changes to the built-in administrator account in Windows Vista. Article here.

You can also create a super administrator. Article here.

Usually you just right click on the programs shortcut and choose run as admin.

3. repsak

repsak Private E-2

Thanks so much! I'll try these things as soon as I can find the time. I really appreciate the help-I know just enough to be dangerous!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds