Vista and Battery Life

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-15281db623, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

I don't know if it's just me or what, but after running Vista on my notebook, I've taken a substantial loss to battery life. In XP, with brightness at 30% I would get a soild 2.5 to 3.0 hours of battery life. With Vista, running in power saver mode, with 30% brightness and my max CPU utilization set to 35% and min set to 5% I might get 1.75 hours MAX, the norm being around 1.5 hours.

I haven't changed how much I use my notebook, and normally the wireless is switched off.

My notebook is a Core Duo T2500, 2GB Ram, 100GB HDD, ATI X1600 Mobility with built in wireless and a six cell battery (largest it can take).

I don't know if it's me, if I've messed up some settings somewhere, of if Vista is just really bad at power management? I really love the operating system, and this is the only problem I really have with it. I really do not feel like going back to XP, and carrying around 2 batteries only to get a max of three hours of life from my notebook really sucks.

Anyone else have similar problems or have great battery life? I'm really stumped.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds