Vista And Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by epsonone, Oct 14, 2016.

1. epsonone

epsonone Private First Class

Hi .....Intel(r) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2180@2.00GHz 2.00GB Ram .ATI Radeon HD 2400Series
    I put Vista Home Premium with Service PK 2 on No problem till I opened Internet Explorer 7 would let me go on to sites but when I wanted to up grade to IE 9 it said it download but there was no IE 9 on the computer so tried to load FireFox just for separate browser but it was the same with that Downloaded but no sight of it , tried a speed test opened the first page but could not get to the next page speed test
    Have went through trouble shooter to repair IE 7 restarted it still the same
    Went to run type in inetcpl.cpl .advance tab press reset then reset again , deleted personal settings
    Still not working properly
    Can any one Help .....
    Thank you

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Whatever web browser you use to download anything, you must go into the web browser's settings to choose the download location. Set it to either 'ask me every time' or just set it to DESKTOP. Then you simply can't not see it.
    Download IE 9 and save it to desktop, then right-click on the file and just choose 'Run as ADMINISTRATOR'

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You will also need an update prior to installing Internet Explorer 9. You'll be prompted when trying to install IE9.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Microsoft is dropping support for anything earlier than IE 11 so, see if IE 11 is available for Vista. And as Eldon said, there will be prerequisites for IE 11 as well.

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Nothing later than IE9 will run on Vista..
    Although support ends for versions earlier than IE11 it doesn't mean they can't still be used.
    The latest versions of other web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Opera work just fine on Vista.

epsonone likes this.
  6. epsonone

in the browser can not find settings also that is there is pop-up blocker /phishing filter /manage add ons / work offline /windows update /full screen /menu bar / toolbars / and internet option can not see anything can not find advance settings to change it to Desktop

7. epsonone

also when try to download I E 9 I am getting "Windows internet explorer cannot be open .The internet site http//www Microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-9-details.aspx Operation aborted

8. epsonone

Check the internet get bbc news fast .also getting onto site to download IE 9 or a speed test site no bother but soon as I go into them I getting above message

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

epsonone and satrow like this.
  10. epsonone

Thanks for every ones Help I downloaded IE 9 on a memory Stick and have now put it on the computer and its seems to be work fine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds