Vista compatible soun drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by sidvarman, Apr 6, 2007.

1. sidvarman

sidvarman Private E-2

have a rig with AMD 3800 X2; MSI K9N SLi Platinum; 1.5 GB DDR2 RAM; 2 256MB nVidia 7600GS; 2 120GB Seagate in Raid 0; Vista Ultimate

Had an old creative 5.1 Live! but the audio was only 2.1
    am now running the rig on the onboard realtek HD codecs but CPU load's bit too much.
    Are there any vista compatible drivers for the Audigy series and the X-Fi series?
    Creative sites has the drivers but i'd like to know if folks have used it and got the 5.1 / 7.1 to work for real in games and in regular audio/video playback.

on the same note with drivers:
    for the nvidia 7600GS, am on 101.41 beta drivers but in the nvidia control panel, i do not have any SLi option. are these drivers SLi or am i doining something wrong?

Sidconfused

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which X-Fi do you have as these are supported with a driver for x86 and x64 Vista

http://us.creative.com/support/down...&driverlang=1033&OS=26&drivertype=0&x=30&y=15

This is availability chart for Creative products and Vista ( or unavailability.. depends if your product is supported or not ) Live! series are not going to be supported in Vista.

http://193.95.171.84/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...english_add,VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com/

On the Nvidia bit, the control panel is still very poor and has many features missing, the 101.41 betas did bring SLi to the series 7 cards but the control panel doesnt highlight this... still some glaring bugs in these drivers for Vista reading the changlogs at Nvidia.

3. sidvarman

sidvarman Private E-2

I have not got any of the X-fi cards yet. was looking for a cards which has drivers that someone has used and got the 5.1 at the least to work. the forums on creative site is a bit 50/50 on the issue as many seem to deal with the beta and beta2 of vista. not seen a RTM version being tested.
    these cards are pricey and wanted to go into it only if someone else has a good experience on them.

4. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

I have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer with Windows Vista Home Premium and everything works great!

5. sidvarman

sidvarman Private E-2

Is that Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer on a 7.1 or 5.1? would be running off to nearest creative dealer. have a 5.1 speaker set and would really be great if i can continue with the same package. did you have to install the vista drives or was it on the drivers CD?
    dont mind my questions as i dont wanna get burned. speaker set is a creative inspire 5.1 5200 which i got with my old Live! 5.1 card.

6. pasound

pasound Private E-2

I helped a friend install the X-Fi Fatal1ty on his new Vista rig - the drivers on the CD would not work, but the new ones downloaded from Creative were fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds