Vista create task help

Discussion in 'Software' started by evilflame2, Sep 18, 2008.

1. evilflame2

evilflame2 Private E-2

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me reach this endgame

if the ac adapter is plugged into my laptop THEN change the power scheme to "High performance"

if the ac adapter is not plugged into my laptop THEN change the power scheme to "power saver"

i was looking into vista's task scheduler but i cant dont really know how to manipulate the triggers correctly

I know that the actual tasks need to be

High performance:
    Code:
    E:\Windows\System32\powercfg.exe -s 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
    &

power saver:
    Code:
    E:\Windows\System32\powercfg.exe -s a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a
    but i am stuck there.

also, if anyone has a much easier and way better option involving a program i can download, i would really appreciate it

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

In Vista you could possibly just cover this by going into Control Panel and then Power Options and click say the High Performance option then click underneath the Plan "change plan settings" then click "change advanced power settings" and from there you can open each setting and adjust what settings can be used for on AC or on Battery

[​IMG]

Just note the settings in Power Save

Did or possibly did remember a sidebar gadget to allow easy changing of this but cannot remember its name, this one could be a possible option http://vistagadgets.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D8F26C345B42BC67!229.entry

As to automatically doing this, I dont think you can easily without having an application that would know when the AC is plugged in and then auto change it over, would be a nice find if someone did have a suggestion or app as I would be interested too.

3. evilflame2

evilflame2 Private E-2

I ended up finding a program. It is called AeroFoil. It is freeware and currently working fantastically on windows 7 x64

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds