Vista- Data Execution Prevention

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lady Carrington, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Lady Carrington

Lady Carrington Private E-2

Morning. Anyone help me?

I am using Vista Home Premium, - FULLY UP TO DATE AND CLEAN. All drivers also up to date.

Vista's DEP keeps constantly shutting my programms down, even if I am not using third party software - eg going from the browser to Hotmail, or One Note, or my printer, or clicking links within the browser like the News. Now it will not open Explorer at all and I am using Firefox. I have tried using both IE8 (very crashy) and now reverted to IE7 again. If I turn it off I am worried I may get bugs. It is driving me nuts. I get the message that IE is not working and has been closed down. DEP says it is helping to protect my computer and has closed IE. Thanks. :wave

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

It's a security feature and shouldn't be disabled( it can be) It is the sometimes overprotective MS security feature in vista/win7

Sounds like you may be infected with mal/spy/ad-ware
    We have a wonderful bunch of folks here at MG's that can help you.
    Please read all the stickies---in particular the
    "READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide"

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

3. Lady Carrington

Lady Carrington Private E-2

Hi. Thanks for your help. Apologies for belated reply I have copied out the READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide" which I have used successfully in the past. I reinstalled IE8 again, and so far it seems to have worked. When I do get a moment though (!!!!) I wil have a good clear out and run this. Thanks again. Bye.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds