Vista does not resume from sleep mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by toddler, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddler

toddler Private E-2

I have a new toshiba satellite L300 laptop. It has intel duo core 32-bit @ 2Gz, 4 G of memory running Vista. Whenever the laptop enters sleep mode, no matter what I do there is no response. The power lights are on, when I hit the power button but nothing on the moniter. I end up having to take out the battery and put it back in and then it starts up when I hit the power button. I have the power settings set at "never" sleep with the power cord, but with the battery settings I can't really do that. Any suggestions?

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Microsoft says that by default hibernation is turned of in laptops- I never saw that on the misses' laptop- but here they explain that pressing the power button will make it come out of sleep --- Bit of a backstep, that way, I would think.but............

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Wi...5d-0304-4af1-b135-6bf6c124dc111033.mspx#EIIAC

The only other possibilities that I can offer, is dependant on the amount of ram you have installed- over a gigabyte, microsoft says it will not hibernate ....
    Low battery, and less ram, might not help.
    I hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds