Vista Grrrrrrrrrrr! Ahhhhhhhhh!

Discussion in 'Software' started by radstar, Dec 11, 2008.

1. radstar

radstar Private E-2

How come vista ie keeps working offline when I want a particular web site?
    It doesnt matter how many times I unklike work offline or reboot it just hates me!!!!!!!!

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Are you using IE6. You may have accidentally bookmarked that *particular* site as "Make Available Offline. To disable go to favorites>> Organize bookmarks. Click on the webpage and uncheck - Make available offline.

IE7 does not have the "Make avaliable O/Line check box while bookmarking a site.

Did you ever save that webpage to work offline??

Cheers...

3. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

Also, you may want to verify you have an internet connection.

Open up a command prompt by clicking "run" in the start menu. When the run prompt opens, type in "cmd" and press enter.

The commands you want to use are:
    ipconfig - this will list your ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway. They should all be filled with 4 numbers seperated by periods. If you are missing an address, or if you ip says autoconfigured, you may have a problem.

ping www.google.com - this will test your internet connection by sending a request to google.com. You should get 4 replies with times listed on them. If you get an error like "timed out" or "unable to reach host", you probably do not have internet capability.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds