Vista Home Prem-Serious networking issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Sep 11, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Compaq Laptop preloaded with Vista Home Premium; something disasterous has happened to the networking on this PC. The wireless service has been corrupted or removed and cannot be started. The device manager is a mess like nothing I've ever seen. I'm running malware scans but I don't think that's the problem... I have attached screen shots that pretty show what's going on. I think the first one shows the wlan adapter and the Nvidia network controller both with yellow exclamation points; I have reloaded those two divers successfully and it made no difference...
    :cry :banghead :mad :*** :crybaby

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Sharagoz

Sharagoz Private First Class

Do you have any idea how this could have happend?

The first thing I'd do is to delete all devices with a yellow exclamation mark, and reboot the computer twice. (You delete them the same way you delete files).
    By doing this you're reinstalling the devices.
    At the first bootup your comp should detect a lot of new devices and reinstall the drivers if it has them.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

That was the first I tried to do. I right click, select 'uninstall', and that's it. It doesn't uninstall, there's no message, just nothing happens. The context menu closes and that's all. I've tried a system restore, but that didn't do anything to help. I think maybe a used a real bad title for this thread....
    Anyone? Anything?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds