Vista lockup, blue screen after update, HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fuelman, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Fuelman

Fuelman Private First Class

3 month old Gateway, Vista Home premium preinstalled, web updates performed. Gateway says call MS, MS says call Gateway. This is getting old.

Following the last Vista update, it went to reboot and now will keep rebooting and not getting to any screen but a blue one. It flashes through the bios screen normaly then goes to the blue one.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

BTW, I'm using my office computer to get online, not the affected vista computer.

Fuelman
    Brian

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If it were me, I'd call Gateway and return the computer. It is a Gateway and they seem not to want to help you.

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

What is on the BSOD?Tell us more about this error.Can you go to safe mode ,or the BSOD is right after bios boot?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds