Vista Media Center issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by nexcompac, May 12, 2008.

1. nexcompac

nexcompac Private E-2

I have a system with Vista Ultimate and a ATI theater 550 Pro tuner attached. We built the system from scratch and everything works but the tuner. I am getting an error message that states:

Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windwos will notify you if a solution is available.
    I had xp media center and it would work. But I did a clean install and now this. I went to the ATI website and downloaded the latest drivers without a fix. I visited teh Windows support site and they gave me a hotfix, but that did not work either.
    I took out the tuner card an placed it in another pci slot thinking issues with that, though I know vista is supposed to be better at that too.

Ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds