Vista Partitioning Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by rkbiker89, Jan 5, 2009.

1. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

I have a 300 GB hard drive and windows vista. A few weeks ago i partitioned 40gb of it using the disk manager in windows vista to try out some beta software i had and when i was done i unpartitioned it using the same way back to the 300gb. i want to repartition my hard drive again now using the same way and it doesnt work. i go to computer management, right click my C drive and click shrink volume. i am able to select a volume that i want to shrink but then nothing happens after that. it just stays in a loading state without going to the next step. i've tried restartign my computer and the same problem happens. does anyone know how to fix this so i can partition my hard drive again?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds