Vista physical memory usage too high??

Discussion in 'Software' started by lego126, Mar 17, 2009.

1. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

Hey, I have a one week old computer. Vista ultimate 64-bit.
    e-8400 3.0 DUO
    4 gb RAM
    I have all the CPU tools like Glary utilities, SAS, MBAM, spybot, CCleaner.
    And As I said It is only like 6 days old. This is my first experience with Vista from XP pro 32-bit, But so far I love it.
    My only problem is on my windows sidebar, I have the CPU meter as a gadget, and it says that my RAM usage is like arounf 60 to 85%!!!
    I checked out all my services and everything seems legit.
    I seem to remember reading somewhere about something on the RAM with vista, but can't seem to find it. When I start task manager, There are around 60 processes at about 4 % CPU usage, but my physical memory usage is steady around 2.8 GB. I tried a restart, and it actually held around 1.5GB. But that still seems a little high.?.? Anyone have any advice on what to look for or whatI can doto correct this? Thanks for the help.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Besides, Vista uses more memory just by design. The philosophy being unused RAM is wasted RAM. Even if I have nothing running, the RAM usage is around %50. Also Vista does a great job of managing the memory for optimum speed.

3. lego126

lego126 DJ's Geeky Dad

It was built by http://www.ibuypower.com/
    I picked out all the parts and the slapped it togather. I really like the system, but those dumbasses, I order a NZXT LED fan control w/ a temperature meters. Well, as soon as i got the system, the meter would never disply the temperature, and it only controled one fan, and everytime it was turned off, the meter lost it's memory. So I call them and Tech guy gave me an RA# and said to take it out and he would send me another one. So I get up this morning, and begin the heinous act of removing 2 screws and unplugginf 2 cables. And then I saw the culprit!! It was a white piece of paper underneth the battery with a large platic tab on it that said, ....you guessed it, "PULL!"
    So I pulled out the paper so the battery could get connection, and BAM!
    I had temperature display! But I still had no control over the CPU fan or the fan on the side or front....... upon further inspection, I saw that the cables from the meter that was supose to be controling the fan on the CPU and the other case fans, were not the same, and not plugged in! and they didin't even tell me.!.! and . no other software or programs. I used Glary utilities to optimize/ control start-up, and process, and stuff, but there are only like 7 items on startup, and I am running about 55 processes, and Glary said they were all legit. Any way, I gues I will not worry about the Physical Memory for now, and see what happens.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds