Vista reinstall--will not boot up

Discussion in 'Software' started by User NameDigitatbear, Aug 20, 2010.

1. User NameDigitatbear

User NameDigitatbear Private E-2

Toshiba Sat... Vista... bad hard drive..

I had a bad hard drive got a new one from Toshiba and reinstalled Vista.

I get windows can not install on your hardware..
    Try to re start, I get window can not finish the install, restart in stall..
    On the Vista/Toshiba disc has tools---tried to fix start up---nothing wrong..
    Memery test nothing wrong...

Anybody---any ideas---please...

Digitatbear :confused

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Refurbished hard drive or a brand new one?

3. User NameDigitatbear

New

I can see the os on the drive in a tool on the install disc

4. TimW

And you did a full format first?

5. User NameDigitatbear

yep
    And I took out the battery and pressed the start button-- and then started---it has got to be something simple I don't see---but I have been working on this for weeks on and off--I even sent and got new reinstall disc's....I took out the memery, and tried just one 512mb chip at a time to see for sure I did not have a bad one---same with each and both installed---tried to go into safe--but it said can not finish install in safe---set the bios back to defalt.

I should have paied better att... when the hard drive was making nosie--6 months ago--at least I got all the files and setting---if I could just get it to start up.

6. TimW

The only thing I can suggest is to go to a computer shop and get a used hard drive and try that. Took me two different hard drives before one would work when the same thing happened to me.

7. User NameDigitatbear

:-DYou know I guess I could have missed something---after all I lost my old sign in (here) and the new one-- user namedigitatbear--shows I am not paying attention... and we all know if you don't pay attention you can't learn anything..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds