Vista requires I turn off UAC to use voice recognition

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pete22, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Pete22

Pete22 Private First Class

I have two computers: one with vista home premium and one with vista basic.

The business and ultimate versions of vista have a switch that allows you to use voice recognition. Bill Gates and co. conveniently made this Button inaccessable in the other versions. rolleyes

What do my friendly geeks think? How can I use voice recognition and keep my computer safe?

Is there a way to get the same secuity that UAC would give me with a different program? :confused

Do I need to run linux and put vista in a virtual box or what?

Pete22

2. DAKz

DAKz Corporal

Not sure what vista UAC protects you from except sanity, disable it and press on. Any DECENT security suite software provides system protection from anything being installed from an outside source. This whole UAC concept is not added security to any system.

3. Pete22

Pete22 Private First Class

roflmao

I took your advice.

:foolish

I noticed that when UAC is off, windows does not allow you to use favorites. What a pain. So I turned it back on. :foolish

Looking at Puppy linux now. ;)

Pete22

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds