Vista Stopped Recognizing Kb/M Suddenly

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lloyd1337, May 20, 2007.

1. Lloyd1337

Lloyd1337 Private E-2

Yesterday I reinstalled Windows XP Media Center Edition on my Vista PC(my old install of XP was getting kinda slow- too much junk installed). After putting the Vista boot CD back in after install to fix the startup menu(installing XP overwrites it and removes the option to boot into Vista), I found that Vista no longer recognizes my keyboard and mouse, so I can't log in or do anything.

I've tried reconnecting all of my USB devices, and plugging them into different USB slots(motherboard and on the USB cards) and nothing makes a difference. Booting into safe mode didn't help, either. I have also tried using a different keyboard, but Vista didn't recognize it either.

I can tell power is going to my keyboard because the backlight is on.

Any suggestions on how to get Vista to recognize my keyboard and mouse again?

2. Lloyd1337

Lloyd1337 Private E-2

Also, I tried plugging the keyboard/mouse in via PS/2, and it still didn't work. I need to get this fixed fairly soon. Help?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds