Vista Transformation pack 7.0 fix?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Craupp, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Craupp

Craupp Private E-2

When installing Vista Transformation pack. I received an error that it has detected that KB925902 Hotfix installed on my OS. Which may cause certain third party applications not to start and show error ba ba ba... So when searching for a fix its says to uninstall the KB925902 Hotfix, but it doesn't show up in the add/remove programs (I also tried CCleaner and Revo Uninstall, but had no luck). Thinking maybe it was a bad install; I downloaded the hotfix again and reinstalled it. Of course it still doesn't show up in the add/remove programs (yes the show MS updates box is checked). There is a fix called KB925902_Fake, but before try it I wanted to know if any else has this issue. Can some Help?

New member but daily downloader.

Craupped

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Unzip the file to your desktop and run kb925902_fake; then run VTP7 without the checking problem and no annoying dialog.

After you are done installing VTP7, you can undo the registry change (optional) by running kb925902_unfake.

3. aklmtnbkr

aklmtnbkr Private E-2

I loaded the following "appearance" program to my XP and now my pc wont start up: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Vista_Transformation_Pack_d4924.html ... It worked fine, then I shut down my pc and when I re started it, it opens the user and then just shows the background pic and wont actually go any further. It doesnt matter if I try safe mode etc...

What can I do to remove this program so my pc works as normal?

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

5. aklmtnbkr

aklmtnbkr Private E-2

Thanks a mil :)

6. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Note that there is a new version #8...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds