Vista update and Office 2007 Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Software' started by zordic, Jun 19, 2008.

1. zordic

zordic Private E-2

I have had Vista Home on my toshiba laptop and used windows update for the first time..After the update I am no longer able to play the wmv files in my powerpoint presentations..Some play but not all..
    I finally had to roll back to get it all working again.
    Anyone know why? Is the update that sketchy?

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Don't know what updates you did, but I think it's best to wait a bit before jumping on the bandwagon. Like this update is out today, wait 2-7 days before getting it. However, critical updates should be done ASAP.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As mentioned we would need to know what update KB number you installed and was if for Windows or Office?

I have Vista and Office 2007 and all fully upto date with only the updates trough Windows Update only and PP2007 is still ok with WMVs in presentations.

Did you install any from the Windows website or only through Windows Update built into Vista?

Do you have any 2rd party add-ons installed for powerpoint or office?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds