Vista - Windows Narrator

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Dec 12, 2007.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Windows Narrator is driving me %$@*&#! crazy!!! It comes up when the desktop loads, and starts yelling at me, everytime I move the pointer somewhere it tells me what I'm pointing at. I can exit it without any problems, but how do I stop it completely??? It's not in the MSCONFIG startup list, it's not shown in the Add/Remove Programs list... how do I disable it from running at startup? It not in the Startup folder either.... PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    Thanks ;)

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Can't advise for Vista, but the options for the narrator on XP are in Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Accessibility --> Narrator

Wouldn't expect it to be too different. If not in the start menu, it should definitely be in the Control Panel. It's intended for users with poor vision, so look for the Accessibility options.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:cool Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. In Vista it's in the Control Panel under the 'Ease of Use' or the 'Ease of Access' section. I had to poke around in there quite a bit before I found the right box to uncheck. But I found it. Thanks again! There's nothing more irritating than a PC telling you "click here to view the contents of your hard drive" or "Internet Explorer will connect you to the web" every 3 seconds....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds