Vista Windows Update Error Code 8024A000

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aldstor, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Aldstor

Aldstor Private E-2

I had to reinstall the Windows Vista on my Toshiba Laptop When I go to the Windows update I get the Error code 8024A000, I have the vista with sp1, I have tried everything on the windows website and still no luck, When I try to install the Fix It I get the PowerShell Error and will not let me use the Fix it, When I open the IE 7 it just closes says update to IE 9, I tried that but I still get the code 8024A000. The Hard Drive is about 6 months old replaced with no problems. If anyone can help with this code to get the Updater working would be great. Thank you

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, Aldstor. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

You say you're running Vista SP1. You need to get and install SP2. This link is for 32-bit and this link is for 64-bit. Support for SP1 ended quite a while ago.

3. Aldstor

Aldstor Private E-2

Thank you for the links I tried to download and got another error 0xc8000247 I replaced the Hard drive before and had no problems, this WD kept freezing and restarting so I found the solution and it was showing 2 Intel Core Processors and the forum said to disable one. Many of the solutions on the Update say its caused by Intel Rapid Storage, but I have to use Firefox or Chrome when I try to use IE it will say aborted. I will try the links again and see what happens I just am not sure if I should buy a new hard drive and try that. Thank you for your reply so fast.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds