Visual Java Tools

Discussion in 'Software' started by BrokenArrows, Feb 24, 2005.

1. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

I was wondering if there are any Visual Java Tools out there. Something that can be used like visual basic.

2. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

There used to be a Visual J++ package available by Microsoft but IIRC they had to withdraw it due to tryign to add their own non-open functionality to the overall package - against the whole Java mentality so it disappeared.
    Im sure there are numerous packages available which offer a GUI for designing your front ends and tying back end code in but I personally prefer to use the form layouts (Grid/Flow etc) for designing and implementing my front ends. Try googling around, or get experimenting with the layouts... ;)

Hope that helps...

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Might be looking into, I *think* you can get designers for the Swing API, can't find one just now but I seem to remember them being out there from when I was learning Java last (ongoing project, going a bit slow cuz I've got too much else to do!)

4. brilang

brilang Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds