vmware vista/xp internet trouble

Discussion in 'Software' started by SomeCrazyStuff, Sep 13, 2008.

1. SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff Private E-2

ok i have a vista64 laptop.. i installed vmware.. and inside vmware i installed xp pro.. it seems to work fine.. but i have no internet..

since i new to vmware.. would anyone care to step me through the process to get winxp pro online?

future thx for all replies.. xD

edit: nevermind.. i should have just played with it more before posting cuz i went back and figured it out..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

You might need to install a driver for your wired and/or wireless network interface card. Open Control Panel, go to System, Hardware tab, Device Manager button , see if there are drivers installed for your devices. If not the first step is to install the right driver for the network device with a right click on the device, (probably has a yellow question mark next to it) and choose update driver. You will need the driver your network interface card uses. Should have an .INF file in it. You can usually download the drivers on line if you know the manufacturer and type of card. The driver should be installed on Vista, weather it will work with XP is the question especially using a 64 versus a 32.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  3. SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff Private E-2

i really appreciate the reply,.. it turns out the solution was to reconfigure vmware to have xp's network adapter bridged to vista's... it works now... still kinda slow.. but im not complaining.. didnt really get it to use the internet... more just so i can use xp instead of vista all the time...

thx again for the reply...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds