vodafone connect mobile crashing

Discussion in 'Software' started by maxdamage, Jul 19, 2010.

1. maxdamage

maxdamage Private First Class

After having to re-install win xp pro on my laptop I re-installed the Vodafone mobile connect software from the Vodafone 3G modem and everything went well until the program started.All it did was give an error message and that was it.I had problems un-installing it and then re-installed it but it gave the same error message.

I then tried a solution by un-installing the .Net v1.1 and v2.0 that was already installed on my laptop and let the modem install it just incase the installs had gone wrong but I got the same error message as well.Heres a screenshot of it:
    [​IMG]

I have tried disabling some of the mods I am using to replicate vista\seven like True transparency,etc.. but still it doesn't help.My laptop spec are as follows:
    P4 2.0 GHZ M
    128MB ATI Radeon IGP 340M
    40 gig hdd
    unknown speed cd\dvd drive
    Can anyone help me asap as I need to use some of the data bundles made available for the sim card I am using before it goes back to my brother so he can give it to his girlfriend.

Thanks. :)

2. maxdamage

I forgot to mention that the app worked before the re-installf win xp pro sp2 and that my laptop is a HP Compaq nx9000.

3. maxdamage

When I accessed the System information app I got this message:
    [​IMG]
    and in the event viewer I get this message:
    [​IMG]

Can this problem be fixed without a repair install?

I checked about the Vodafone service using the ms Events and Errors Message Center but nothing.

Thanks.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I'd try the repair install as looks like system files are corrupt, especially if WMI (System Info) is not working correctly.

Just for a test open Windows in Safe Mode and see if its the same issue.

5. maxdamage

Did that and same result. :( Not happy about the repair install as I had just re-installed win xp pro on my laptop recently.

6. maxdamage

Seems the repair install fixed both problems :) :major Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds