Voice Recognition Programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kemper1989, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

I was just wondering if anyone knows any free voice recognition programs or ones that have a free trial version?

2. jo770

jo770 Private E-2

email me at the following address using voice recognition software in the subject line and we will talk.

jacpub@xtra.co.nz

Peter

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Jo770, best not to include your email address to save you from spammers. Also, some of us would appreciate your advice through this post so we can learn about voice recognition as well. I tried a program a couple of years ago and gave it away as useless. I know computer power has moved on greatly so would appreciate up-to-date opinions. Bazza

4. Kemper1989

Kemper1989 Private E-2

Well I dont understand his E-Mail anyways, I asked him if he knew any Voice Recognition Software and then he asked me to send an E-Mail to him using the Software.
    Hmm Im confused!? :rolleyes:

5. Boot

Boot Private E-2

He asked you to e-mail him with "voice recognition" in the subject line, as in the title. Just the words, not the actual software.

I'd kind of like to learn about voice recognition, too- I'm a horrible typist.

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Don't hold your breath. (ee hehehe) Its not got a lot better since Win 98 times, but you can get the Microsoft Speech Development Kit, which you can train. If a program has speech capabilities, that package will allow you to talk with it.

However I've not come across any free/shareware voice recognition worth speaking of (haha!)

7. Annorax

Annorax Private E-2

I've used Dragon Preferred v7 and it didn't run to well on my Win2k system (actually, it barely ran at all and now it doesn't), but I hear it's pretty powerful. There might be some demo version available, I'll look into it.

8. Lance Bombardier

Lance Bombardier Private First Class

I bought a Dragon Naturally Speaking for $50 and it's really brilliant. If you see the offer go for it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds