volume controls gone

Discussion in 'Software' started by rborbon, Dec 3, 2005.

1. rborbon

rborbon Private E-2

i was given a dell laptop running win98se. i reloaded it using dells restore cd and now I've lost the volume controls. Thru start/programs/ acces/ entertainment, it shows up but when I click on it nothing happens. There is no Icon at the task bar either. My system is pent3 640k. 191 ext ram, 256kcachesram. the model is a inspison 5000. At start up i also get" amount of system memory has changed or the susp. to disk file is absent. error 0210:stuck key 39.
    other than that, It runs well......just can't hear my music or anything else.
    Help me.......please.
    Rene

2. Have you loaded the sound drivers? Also what type of repair install did you do? I would guess that you had the drive wiped clean or did you install over everything else? if you just went over everything without wiping the drive i would wipe the drive clean then install again.
    -the new tech guy

3. rborbon

rborbon Private E-2

I did not do a wipe. I thought that by re installing 98se, i would eliminate an of the prevoius owners stuff and i can start anew. I also loaded a dell cd that was labeled drivers.

4. I would just reformat the computer and install windows again then load the drivers and then it should be clean of all of the old owners stuff. Also are you sure the computers sound card is physically functioning correctly? Maybe try another card that is laying around the house if you are not sure and come back and tell us what happened.
    -the new tech guy

5. rborbon

rborbon Private E-2

I will tonight. Get back with you guys in the am.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds