Volume slider won't stay up. Please help! Thanks!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by s0ma, Mar 10, 2012.

1. s0ma

s0ma Private E-2

I'm using a HP Pavilion zv5000.
    The volume up button makes the volume go to mute. I don't know whats going on and the volume slider won't stay up. :confused

2. kipfeet

kipfeet Corporal

Double-check that you're pressing the correct buttons. The first button from the corner is volume-down, the next is volume-up and the next is volume mute.

Does pressing the volume-up button really put it into mute? If so, you might have a driver problem or something, though it sounds more like crossed wires!

Open the volume slider tray application and watch what happens in it when you press the buttons. Or check the same in the Sounds and Audio Devices controls in Control Panel.

Are you running an application that has volume controls in it, like MediaPlayer or the videos on youtube? If the controls in the applications are set low, that will be reflected in the system's controls. I usually set the application controls to maximum volume and I control the system volume with the hardware buttons.

Let us know what you found out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds