vote bots…

Discussion in 'Software' started by extrasourgrapes, May 15, 2014.

1. extrasourgrapes

extrasourgrapes Private E-2

… are annoying!!!

Sorry to the mods if this is the wrong section for this or has been asked before but can anyone explain to me how vote bots actually work? There is a seriously annoying one running on a site that seems to get about a thousand votes a minute but simpleton that I am, I don't understand how. It's a simple yes/no type poll where all you need to do is refresh the page to vote again. But I don't understand how it could produce thousands of votes per click seemingly without refreshing.
    I guess my basic question is, is it possible to create such a script that allows that? Or are they just using multiple computers to spam the voting? I can't do anything to stop it but I'm just curious to know now.

(Please forgive my ignorance on the subject.)

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

3. extrasourgrapes

extrasourgrapes Private E-2

Hm,wow, interesting. Thanks for the info. I was curious.

One more dumb question: Are they detectable? Would they be able to recognize when a poll is being spammed by a bot?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds