VPN SecuRemote phase 2 failure

Discussion in 'Software' started by lizz, Mar 16, 2006.

1. lizz

lizz Private E-2

Hope someone can help with this as I'm not too familiar with any of it!

I'm trying to connect through a VPN SecuRemote and I am being verified but it is failing at phase 2 (quick mode). I have allowed the following:

TCP Port 264 (Outbound)
    TCP & UDP Port 500 (bi-directional)
    UDP Port 2746 (bi-directional)

I think it is behind a NAT, but have been told that if it is not to allow ESP (or protocol 50) also bi-directional, so I have done this also in case it is not. I have allowed these settings on the BT voyager router and opened the necessary ports on the Norton personal Firewall, although don't think it is anything to do with the firewall as even when this is turned off it still will not connect.

I have changed the MTU value to 1428, which was the value in the literature however it seems to return to 1500 whenever i try to change it.

I can connect to the VPN when I do not select the option to enhance connectivity, IKE over TCP, but I have been told that to use the other program I will need to have this selection checked.

Anyone any ideas??
    Don't really know too much anout this so explanations in quite simple terms would be greatly appreciated!!

2. lizz

lizz Private E-2

Sorry ignore this I have fixed the problem now, have unchecked the IKE over TCP and this works

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds