W7 OS has Unexplained Pauses

Discussion in 'Software' started by randl, Jan 23, 2014.

1. randl

randl Private E-2

I have a recently custom built PC with W7 PRO 64Bit, Intel 240GB SSD, ASUS Z87-Deluxe MOBO, and Intel Core I7-4770K CPU. The machine is fast. However, there are times during the day when it seems to pause in the middle of simple operations and seems frozen. after a short while it passes.

Today I was at a conference webinar and got a "Script Error Message (did not think fast enough to save it). It asked if I wanted to "quit the application (the conference) or continue.

SO, I am puzzled, has anybody seen this before?
    Or, is there a way I can do some testing? Tools to use?

Thanks

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , you can check your memory by going to
    Start - Run MdSched - ok
    you can also go to
    Start - Run msinfo32 - ok
    Components - Storage - Disks - in third line is the model of your disk , you have to inform about this :wave

3. randl

randl Private E-2

Thanks falconattack, I ran the memory check, it was negative for issues.
    I ran msinfo32 and checked memory status and the list showed status OK.

With the machine freshly restarted (from the memory check), as I was clicking "Start" to go to "Run --> msinfo32" there was one of those unexplained pauses. Only Chrome and MS Outlook were running at the time.

4. rjordan

rjordan Private First Class

I have had the same exact issue with an Intel 180GB SSD.

I did a ton of crazy stuff to try and stop it from doing that, but nothing worked.

Software and Hardware tweaking/swapping, reformats, firmware updates, driver updates etc etc.

It would simply hang for about 1-2 minutes and then bam, process everything instantly.

I have just recently upgraded to a new 240GB Kingston SSD and have not had any issues with it at all

So in my diagnosis, it is simply certain Intel SSD's have these issues, as I have heard of this happening by other people with similiar SSD's.

Could be related to only certain hardware setups, not sure.

5. randl

randl Private E-2

Thanks rjordan. I will investigate that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds