Wacom tablet not recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bobothebionicmonkey, Feb 10, 2013.

1. bobothebionicmonkey

bobothebionicmonkey Private First Class

I have a windows XP computer and received a bamboo capture tablet for Christmas. Due to events I just tried installing it onto my computer. The disk installed the driver fine, but the tablet isn't connecting. I've plugged the usb cable into every port on the computer plus tried with hubs and still nothing from the tablet.

How do I get the computer to recognize I've plugged the tablet into the usb port? I don't have any problem with my USB flash drives or the mouse I have hooked up to a usb hub. Any ideas?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Looks like it is a common issue with it. Unplug, uninstall everything software & drivers for the tablet, then reinstall the software & drivers. Do not plug back in the tablet, until told to do so.

Also, you can download the drivers from http://www.wacom.com/en/support/drivers The latest drivers were just released on 1/15/13.

3. bobothebionicmonkey

I uninstalled the driver and only installed the most recent one after restarting my computer. The thing is, during the installation it never tells me to plug in the tablet. So I stuck the disc in again and installed the Bamboo Dock program and again it never told me to plug in the tablet. I've got nothing more to install so I plugged in the tablet. Nothing. The light on the tablet doesn't go on even when I plug it into the computer directly.

4. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

If you go to the device manager in the control panel of XP do you see it there? Is there anything that has an exclamation point? (Unknown hardware).
    Is there a setting on your USB ports within the device manager to turn the power off to it to save power? If so make sure that's turned off.
    If you start the computer with the table plugged in do you see the light on it come on at startup?

5. bobothebionicmonkey

No to all of these. No light comes on at start up, it doesn't show up in the device manager, there are no exclamation points, no settings to turn off the power to a USB port. It is like I'm not plugging it in at all. I get no response. I've put in a request for support with the Wacom website in hopes they will know how to deal with this.

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Try plugging it into a powered USB hub, or on another computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds