Wake Up!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gaterader, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Gaterader

Gaterader Private E-2

@#$%^&*+| Puter'

I was working late one evening and left my main tower on all night, and now it's in a coma. It's not on the internet, I use it for my digital photo reproduction work. I've tried hitting buttons on the keyboard, hitting the Wake up on the keyboard, and turning it off and on. Nothing works, help:cry

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's! :)

I have moved your thread to software as more will view it here rather than the Welcome Center.

You need to tell us exactly what happens when you try to boot up.

3. Gaterader

Gaterader Private E-2

I left the computer on all night and the next morning I noticed that before I went to work. The screen was frozen and I couldn't turn it off with either the keyboard or the front switch. I went to the back and unplugged the power source. When I turned it back on it was asleep. When I turn it on the printers and scanners activate. The monitor show's an orange light at the power button. If I hit the plus or minus on the monitor, it says the computer is in power save mode and to move the mouse or hit any button to activate. I do that and nothing happens. It is my main tower for work and is attached to a switch with the other two towers. Any ideas?:confused

4. silas

silas MajorGeek

I had the issue of orange light for the monitor button. If thats what your asking. Anyways It could be lose cords from monitor to tower. I would unplug and clean/check for bent inside of plugs for these cords. Maybe you pulled a plug out and you stuck it in to hard and bent 1 cord.. so take cords out check then thingys.. and see if any bent or broken off.. and then plug all back in. Orange light on monitor isnt right.
    Also If its a new computer Ive read where there can be issue with vid card or something. But Just try different things.. if you can start the tower unplug monitor from tower.. then when wait few minutes for tower to finish loading into the computer.. then shut down buy the button manually.. and then plug in and restart.. just try different things. I personally think its your monitor going bad or something with cords of it.

5. Gaterader

Gaterader Private E-2

It's not that, but thank you. The red sleep button is on in the front of the tower, I pushed the button below it several times and nothing happens. When I hit the power button on the front, all the attatched printers and scanners come on, the green light for the cd rom, dvd rom, and floppy come on, but the computer itself is asleep? I switch to another tower and it comes right on with no problems, the issue is with that one tower

6. silas

silas MajorGeek

What kind of computer and stuff?

7. Gaterader

Gaterader Private E-2

A friend of mine that runs a computer business made it for me, well, I paid him for it. It has a duo core drive, 40gigs of hard drive, 2 gigs of memory, and all sorts of toys I had put on it for my business. I don't know the maker of the motherboard, it has windows xp pro and I have two printers, two scanners and a cassette tape deck hard drive on it. It has one dvd burner, a cd burner, and a card reader insert for firewire, usb, sata, and other various types of cards. It's a beast! I also run a 300gig Seagate off it for memory as I use a lot of memory on my projects. It's attached to a switch with two other towers, five dvd player/recorders, and four vhs player/recorders. The only thing that isn't working is the tower with all my project memories in it.

8. Gaterader

Gaterader Private E-2

A friend of mine that runs a computer business made it for me, well, I paid him for it. It has a duo core drive, 40gigs of hard drive, 2 gigs of memory, and all sorts of toys I had put on it for my business. I don't know the maker of the motherboard, it has windows xp pro and I have two printers, two scanners and a cassette tape deck hard drive on it. It has one dvd burner, a cd burner, and a card reader insert for firewire, usb, sata, and other various types of cards. It's a beast! I also run a 300gig Seagate off it for memory as I use a lot of memory on my projects. It's attached to a switch with two other towers, five dvd player/recorders, and four vhs player/recorders. The only thing that isn't working is the tower with all my project memories in it.rolleyes

9. silas

silas MajorGeek

Well whats weird is your tower works for one monitor and not another.. So nothing can be fried or dust built up inside.. And the plug in parts are fine you said. Maybe your monitor is is going bad.

10. Gaterader

Gaterader Private E-2

Gotter' Up N' Runnin'

Hot Dawg's It was only the KVM switch that was keeping my puter' from working. finally got a hold of my friend and sure enough, that's what it was. Thank You all for your input.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds