Wanna help reinstalling my old Dell dimension 4300 ??

Discussion in 'Software' started by Calam8, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Calam8

Calam8 Private E-2

Hi, I would like to reinstall my old Dell dimension 4300, but i don't have the original recovery disk. Is it possible to install XP-Pro ? In case of yes.. can I download and install the same drivers. Is there anything else I have to keep in mind ?? Help, Please !!:confused

2. Calam8

Calam8 Private E-2

Thnx ahead.. I've been on the page with the drivers. Is it the original Windows XP-Home installation cd you're talking about (OS CD)??

3. Calam8

Calam8 Private E-2

So you mean in this case I need the XP-Home cd, isn't it ?? (Sorry,sometimes I'm hard-headed:-o).

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Yes - to re-install the original OS that your pc came with. You would need to purchase an upgrade CD to go upgrade your working XP Home OS to XP Pro.. or purchase a full XP Pro CD with a new VALID SERIAL NUMBER (product key).

dr.m

5. Calam8

Calam8 Private E-2

Yes, I have a full XP Pro CD with valid serial number.

6. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

7. rosiesdad

rosiesdad Private E-2

8. Calam8

Calam8 Private E-2

How to format? NTFS or FAT ? the first time I reached this screen, I chose not to change anything in the system... and before I must not have taken notice of what to do in which partition or no partition at all. Is that the reason why like nothing was changed and the new program was just installed in the other partition ?? Right now at start up I have a choice of twice the same program; one got the old stuff and the other got the new installed stuff. How to make it one?

9. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds