Want a 2nd hard drive, what is the biggest difference?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Desidarius, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Desidarius

Desidarius Private E-2

I'd like to get a 2nd hard drive, will hold mostly video files and digital camera images. I want at least a 120gig but prefer 160gig. Cost is the main concern, I'm basically looking for something under $75 I've seen some 160gig like this one for less than $50. But I wasn't sure what the biggest difference is in hard drives. Is there anything wrong with the one that is in the link? (the 160gig one)?

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Things of interest:

What sort of drive? IDE, SATA or SATA2?

Are you going to establish a RAID set up?

Here is a good link on storage devices:

http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/index.html

Tons of info reviews and comparitive assessments.

Hope this helps.

3. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Nothing wrong with that 160gig HDD....sata interface, 7200rpm spindle speed.....etc

I would personally go with the maxtor for a more reputable brand and better support should you need it even though it is a re-certified white label.

The 200 gig still fits in with your price range!

Make sure your mobo supports sata interface connections, and that the bios will recognize the gigabyte size.

Regards....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds