Want to hook up Playstation 2 to PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jazzdrive, Nov 26, 2005.

1. jazzdrive

jazzdrive Private E-2

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You would have to connect the sound to the Line-IN connection on the PC soundcard. Go to RadioShack and get a Stereo 1/8" to Phono splitter.

3. jazzdrive

jazzdrive Private E-2

OK. Thanks.

Is the Line-IN usually a certain color? How could I find which input is the Line/in?

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Line In looks like a Speaker with a Arrow pointing to it. Usually there is a universal color, but it depends on the card/motherboard. What is the computer that you are using, or motherboard.

5. ssjchris_29

ssjchris_29 Private E-2

isn't that just a video out for that video card????? audio in isn't too difficult, and i'm not sure what your audio speaker setup is - but i've heard some people particularly enjoy the Viewsonic N4 or N6 video processor units. cheers

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Its VIVO. It allows input as well.

Video In-Video Out.

7. jazzdrive

jazzdrive Private E-2

Ok, I've done what waqs suggested. Everything is plugged in correctly.

But now I can't figure out how to display the video from the video-in port.

Does anyone know how to do this with an nvidia card?

Thanks!

8. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Usually when you Right click on Desktop, then Properties, and then from there go to Settings, Advanced, you are able to change the settings.

9. jazzdrive

jazzdrive Private E-2

There's nothing there that has to do with video-in or VIVO.

10. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

11. jazzdrive

jazzdrive Private E-2

Yeah, I downloaded the latest drivers and installed the WDM drivers as well.

I guess I just assumed that it would automatically stream it for me only using nvidia settings.

But it seems I need to have a program/viewer that will pull from it. Does anyone know of a good free one. Or does anyone know how to get this funtionality in Windows/ Windows Media Player?

Thanks!

12. jazzdrive

jazzdrive Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds