Want to increase scroll speed of Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex30, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

HI,
    I want to increase the scroll speed of Firefox. I have typed aboutconfig and reset the mousewheel withnokeynumlines to as many as 100 whilst resetting mousewheel withnokey.sysnumlines to false. It made no difference at all no matter what the value was set to.
    I also tried to use smooth scrolling again with no increase in speed.
    I went to mouse in control panel but there was nothing relating to scroll speed.
    I use a laptop with a touch pad mouse and wonder if that could be the problem.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Regards Alex

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hey alex, im not aware of a way to do this solely for firefox, however ther is a program called regseeker --> http://majorgeeks.com/RegSeeker_d2579.html ... It has an section called "tweaks", and their is an option to change the speed for scrolling speed that will apply to all applications including windows itself.

Q

3. Alex30

Hi,
    I have double checked every option in mouse Domluc and I still cant find anything relating to scroll speed.
    I will check out the app mentioned.
    Cheers Alex

4. Alex30

Hi Domluc,
    On mine I haven't got a mention of a wheel,never mind speed setting.
    I wonder if its because this is a laptop ?
    I am on XP the same but the only reference to speed is pointer speed and that doesn't alter the scroll speed.
    It's odd isn't it ?
    Regards Alex

5. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

:doh:

I completely missed this line of the OP...
    DomLuc said it first, you most likely need an external mouse.

6. Alex30

Hi,
    I borrowed my son's external mouse and would you believe it but it made no b*****y difference at all.
    I just can't understand why the standard Firefox tweak will not work for me when it works for others.
    I will try the app but I don't really want to affect my IE8 speeds which are fine.
    Cheers Alex.
    PS The more I think I learn about PC's the less I know.

7. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Maybe the 'Smoothwheel' extension would work for you:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/357

The author is asking for a small donation, but you could try it out first. One of the things it will do, is allow you to change the scroll speed in Fx independant of Windows.

8. Alex30

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    I will try the two apps and if there is no joy I will live with it.
    It's just that Firefox takes a full ten seconds to scroll from top to bottom of a page whilst IE8 takes less than four.
    Cheers Alex

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds