Want to monitor my HOME network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TexasMom, Jan 7, 2007.

1. TexasMom

TexasMom Private E-2

Hello,
    I am looking for some shareware that is similar in function to the Dell Network Assistant which cost $40 yearly.
    I am not trying to be "cheap", just that with the Dell NA you have to renew yearly @ $40 .... a bit too expensive for my limited needs.
    I want to monitor/fix/repair my HOME (DSL) network which has: 2 PCs, plus 2 printers and several external HDs.

Right now I can NOT print from my desktop to either of the printers UNLESS my laptop (with a HP USB printer attached) is turned on. The other printer
    a Brother MFC240C is "networked" via the 2Wire Router.
    I thought maybe a network assistant such as Dell's would find and fix the problem.
    Any suggestions?
    TexasMom

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. TexasMom

TexasMom Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds